Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

closing 1 instance of mastercam causes another to open

So this has been going on a while now, and i’ve finally gotten annoyed enough to post about it. I’ve googled my issue but haven’t quite found my exact problem being discussed. No matter how i try and close an instance of Mastercam, as soon as it closes, the loading window appears and another instance opens. I’ve closed through task manager, I’ve closed it by right clicking the taskbar icon and X-ing out, and I’ve tried just the standard X in the top right, all of the above lead to another new instance being opened immediately after closing. I’ve even tried clicking the X on the loader that appears, but it will still open a new mastercam file. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the solution, I'll give it a try, and I didn't contact my reseller because it hadn't been as big of a bother to me until now. I also figured I would give the forums a shot before contacting my re-seller as emailing them takes a few days to get a response, and the person at our shop who has their number is out for the rest of the week.

5 minutes ago, Tunaroo1225 said:

Thanks for the solution, I'll give it a try, and I didn't contact my reseller because it hadn't been as big of a bother to me until now. I also figured I would give the forums a shot before contacting my re-seller as emailing them takes a few days to get a response, and the person at our shop who has their number is out for the rest of the week.

I have posted a link to this thread into the thread you had started on 'My Mastercam' forum.

• Like 2

So the solution given, I thought was the answer to my problem, as it seemed to be fixed temporarily. However, I'm having the same issue happening again today. I double checked my settings to ensure the box was still unchecked, but nonetheless, when i try and X out of the windows, a new blank file still seems to open.