Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DPRNT Timing Help (HAAS VF1)

Isaiah.OU

Hello everyone, 

New forum user here asking for some guidance on the use of DPRNT on a HAAS VF1. The scenario:  I'd like to use DPRNT to print out my spindle load percentage every time my spindle speed increases. My current G-code is below, Macro #1098 is where the spindle load (%) is stored at (correct me if I'm wrong). Let say I need my cycle time to be 5 seconds here. I have had some success with printing the spindle load on to a thumb drive, however, I am trying to time the DPRNT to print the spindle load as close as possible to the exact time that the speed increases. Hence I'd like to know how much the load increases when the speed increases. For simplicity, the Z and speed value here are arbitrary but I need my cycle time to be as close to 5 seconds as possible. When I run such code, the cycle time always go over by a few seconds (Assuming DPRNT causes some lag time when transfer data to thumb drive). Please let me know if you see a better way to accomplish these goals or if I am completely off with my method. Thanks in advance!

G00
G103P3
Z-0.005
S100M03
G04P1. 
DPRNT[#1098[26]]
Z-0.005
S200M03
G04P1.
DPRNT[#1098[26]]
Z-0.0050
S300M03
G04P1.
DPRNT[#1098[26]]
Z-0.005
S400M03
G04P1.
DPRNT[#1098[26]]
Z-0.005
S500M03
G04P1.
DPRNT[#1098[26]]

M5

You might be better off storing that data in a running string of variables and outputting them at the end...

Bottom line, it will take an extra bit to process and output but you should then be better able to quantify your actual cycle time vs the total time including output.

I am wondering if perhaps some of the time could be cut by outputting the data via ethernet to a seperate computer....

• Like 1