Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

M00 not working if using same tool

John13

Is there a way to make an M00 work if using the same tool without selecting "Force tool change"? Why doesn't an M00 overwrite everything? 

ex, I was chamfering a part, selected M00 before operation in the Misc values tab, wanted the program to stop BEFORE the next operation, then flip the part to side 2, then have the NEXT operation chamfer side 2. Instead it just went right on running bypassing the M00 I wanted.

Thanks ,

Taking a shot in the dark here, but it sounds like your post was designed with and option to have an M01 OR M00 at the end of a tool. If so, the misc value you're setting will only have an effect with force tool change on, or if the operation is the last operation for that tool.

+1 to putting M00 in a manual entry

• Like 1

I have done this with manual entry, but the force tool change is still needed. Spindle does not turn on again with my post. I hate hand edits so just go the bullet proof way

I will usually give a retract position on the home/ref tab as well if the part needs to be adjusted or moved.

• Like 1