Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lead in on a custom thread cycle

Hey everyone, so I have a odd ball one. I have a part (no I can not show pictures) that has a ball thread in the ID of the part. I used custom thread cycle on the lathe and the form of it came out great. My issue and where it gets weird, its a double blind thread, start inside the part ends inside the part. The way is comes out (using g32 cycles) is fine, the lead in it wants to plunge to X then use g32 for the Z which is giving me a undercut basically. Is there some way to do a lead in on the g32 line instead of plunging then g32 like start position, g32x and z then just a z move? Im not seeing anything for a lead in and for geometry mastercam only want one segement of the form otherwise I though about drawing the lead in with the form. Any thoughts or help would be great. Thanks!

gcode,

I've been trying to cheat the geometry to cause a lead in but no matter how I do it it always is posting out X rapid to position then g32 Z when I need to have the g32 line to have a X and Z then a Z to depth if that is making sense. And I dont see any parameters to cause a lead in in the custom thread tool path