Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Sharp corner warning

Brendan O' Regan

I have had them before. What I have found is that there is a little sliver of a surface that will not effect your cutter path. You could do a "save as" if there are not to many surfaces and just pick the ones that you want to machine in a new file. If that dont work. Look at the surfaces in the corners and make sure there is not a bowtie in one of the corners. Hope this helps.

------------------

Lou Wilson

Cnc Programmer

http://www.opinc.com

In V8.1.1, Analyze/CheckModel will locate and display curves along these internal sharp corners. Try that - it should show them to you.

FYI: Internal sharp corners are not welcomed by our surface machining algorithms, and will not be gouge checked. Try to avoid modeling surfaces with internal sharps, and if possible, trim them away or use surface/fillet or surface/blend to remove them.

PDG

Use the check model as stated to change the colors of the surfaces in ?. I have noticed the culprits have been poorly trimmed revolved surfaces and as Lou has stated for the most part there is no effect on the toolpath, however that is not to say it won't gouge, depending on the tool size etc.etc. I have on occasion created surface curves on the bad surfaces and recreated the surfaces. It depends on your time frame and what you can live with i.e. possible gouge.

PDG i forgot about that that option.

thank for reminding me.

Ruffmut do you want to post the picture or upload the file so we all can veiw it.

if you want to upload it use the info at the bottom of my sig, you can use IE5 or higher of use a ftp software.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

Mastercam forum FTP free file support

ftp://www.ppcadcam.com

User: mastercam

Pass: forum