Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

angle by arc length

Id like to see the ability to input an angle for rotation by specifying the arc length/sweep of a particular arc. For example i have a 10 inch radius, i draw a line from the center of the arc. I now need to rotate it .400 in a 10 inch radius arc length. Right now I have to do a formula to find out what the arc length is. Although its a simple fomula, doesn't it sound as though it would be easy to implement into the angle menu? Or can you already do this and I've just been missing it.

Thanks for the input. Yes I found the sweep dialog, but i dont need to sweep a full arc. I usually have a 180 degree arc laid in, but i dont want to have to lay out a bunch of asrcs at different lengths. I know I'm probably asking for too much. What would be great is you select the arc, or input the value of a radius, and then give it the distance and it would give you an angle. Right now I just have a spreadsheet set up in excel to calculate it but it would be really cool if i could do it in mastercam entirely. Maybe some other version.....

I want to find a rotation angle of a particular distance of an arc.

I have a line drawn from the center of a arc to the intersection of the arc. I need to rotate it at a 1 inch sweep of the radius of my arc. if my arc were a 10 inch rad then the angle would be 5.729577951

If I had copy rotated my line and trim the arc to the two lines, if I analyzed this arc it would read a 1 inch sweep