Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T One of the biggest Music Festivals in the Country

Toolfab

In Milwaukee we have this great party called Summerfest. This link takes you to the list of stages, under each stage link is the list of the bands that will be playing there. These stages are all inside the gate, you can go to as many stages and as many shows as you can. It only costs like $10.00 to get in. Some of you know about my bouncer job at night, so I will be living here for the next week and a half.

I have heard that Lallapaloza has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales, and that the concert circiut as a hole is just getting killed this season. What would you say is the leading cause for the lack of sales? Summerfest still expects to have a banner year in attendance, but the tickets are only 10bux.

For those about to rock......

I too thought the line up was awesonme this year was great. It seems that not only festivals but just concert tours in general are not doing well. I am actually going to a festival this weekend, not working it, but parting at Country USA. They just had about 2 inches of rain last night, so setting up camp tonight should be a joy....

rolleyes.gif

toolfab... it's only 10. to get in? the website is misleading. i've heard about this a lot (my friend has a sister living in milwaukee and goes every year) but i always thought it was expensive. how do i go about getting in for that price again? shoot, i'd cross the big lake on the ferry and go to them concerts over the summer celebration we have going on here in muskegon summercelebration. not that the bands here are that bad but you can't beat summerfest lineup!

what exactly am i getting in with these tickets? do they allow you into the grounds and then you have to purchase tickets to the actual concerts you want to see? or can you still "hear" the concert without being in the venue (this doesn't bother me, i wouldn't want to be up close and get trampled on by a bunch of kids anyways) not trying to be ignorant - i really am interested in going to summerfest one year but i just can't see how it works. besides, i'm sure all the hotels are booked by now.

You get in the gate, all the bands in the first link I put up are FREE once you get in. Here is a map of the grounds, all the stages are on the grounds and you can just walk to what ever you WANT to see. The ONLY stage that requires additional money is The Ampatheater, but considering what is going on in the Ground stage's who cares. You have to buy your beer, food, ect.. You cant bring in stuff like that. Drop me an email [email protected] if your gonna make it.

Trust me, I havent missed a Summerfest in 12 years, you cant party like this anywere else!

edit/Biss, I am outa the office now till Monday. So if you email me I will get back to you on Monday /edit

Have a great weekend Forum!

[ 06-24-2004, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Toolfab ]

wow! you aren't kidding. the lineups on the grounds are pretty solid - especially for the price. unfortunately, we already have passes for the celebration over here and at $160 i'm gonna have to use them. mad.gif but for future reference (like next year), is this something i want to bring my wife along to or should i leave her behind (you know, based on the crowd around) rolleyes.gif ?

Now that i understand it better, i'm definately going to start planning NOW for next years fest. see if i can get a group of friends to go for a long weekend or something (and get in touch with you hopefully wink.gif ). how far in advance should i try booking a hotel room?

have fun!!! cheers.gifcheers.gif

Hey Paul,

We'll be at the Nickelback concert on Wed. Are there any other bands you'd recommend on Wed? This is my first Summerfest. Everyone I know has been there before. I'm usually more intersted in the Country USA entertainment, haven't been there yet though! But I'll party to any music. I'm looking forward to it. In fact I was planning on coming to work late Thursday morning...I just changed that to all day VAC.

Hoping for good weather. The 2" of rain you mentioned at Country USA kicked up a few tornados north of Oshkosh. Crazy.

Later