Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Importing true type cyrillic fonts

Mark H

Short version biggrin.gif How do you import true type cyrillic fonts?

Long version rolleyes.gif I wanted to use true type fonts for an engraving project. (Main Menu, Create, next menu, Letters, True Type) The problem is that I can not seem to bring in the fonts from another language (cyrillic fonts). The fonts that I selected support cyrillic, and I have no problems using them in Microsoft Word (had to change the Windows keyboard properties in the control panel). When I try to copy and paste, or type them directly into MC it just comes up with the wrong characters. Cut and paste gives me all “??????” and typing them directly gives me lower case vowels with accent marks above them “êàåôâàô”. Any help would be appreciated.

V8.1.1

Windows 2000 Pro SP1

BTW, I realize that I can go about it the long way – Put into Word, Print screen button, paste it into a graphics package, crop what I need, then import it using the Engrave chook. That seems like a lot of extra work and I was hoping to go about it an easier way.

[This message has been edited by Mark H (edited 06-15-2001).]

I havent found a way how to do this yet, so if any knows how to, please let me know. If it is not possible (now), I would like to put in a request to Mastercam to implement this. PDG, what do you say?

More info regarding the special characters;

In Win 2K Pro start the Character Map program and select “Arial”, check “Advanced view”, select Character set: “Windows: Cyrillic” and Group by “All”. Notice that there are many other characters that would be great to use in Mastercam. The importing of True type fonts is a very useful tool, but it just needs a little tweak. wink.gif

I get lots of fonts from the web.... download them to the windows font directory, unpack them.. and the appear in the windows font selection window and are available to MC. The only problem I have found is that some fonts are made up of short arc or line segments, so you have to fix that.

L Hanft,

Thanks for your reply. I did some searching and found some fonts that have the characters that I need, and I got it to work! biggrin.gif The only problem is that Mastercam’s text box does not correctly show the characters being typed in. But they do show up correctly after the import. I guess the font that is being used by Mastercam to display the character in the text box does not support the font that is being imported into Mastercam (which makes sense.) I can live with that minor inconvenience. And I can always use the Character Map program to see what I am typing. Or possibly look into changing Mastercam’s text box font.

Thanks again

Mark

[This message has been edited by Mark H (edited 06-20-2001).]