Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

.op8 Library

JAMMAN

I noticed a difference in the way V8 handles

the op library versus V8.1. Most of the work our shop does is 2d contouring using multiple form tools. I used to have all the tools in a particular form sequence stored as a huge operation sometimes including 9 tool changes. After upgrading from 8 to 8.1 and scrapping a 4000 dollar part I noticed that chaining a line and selecting one of my familiar operations results in all the "X Y stock to leave" fields returning to zero. This took away what I considered the most useful aspect of MC for my particular situation. Is there any way of making it retain the XY stock to leave info in the original sequences as 7.0 thru 8.0 did?

Please help- I don't want to "downgrade"

but as it stands programming takes allot longer.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Rob-

Thank you, that worked fine. It does take a few more steps to complete than before- the way I was doing it it would add any series of chains I selected to all the operations then create one extra operation which I would have to delete. In 8.1 it does ask you if you want to create the extra op so you can "just say no", then sets stock to leave at zero. Now I will select the first series of chains and simply copy them to the other ops unless anyone knows of a way to add chains to all ops at once.

Thanks again-

Jim