Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

canned text

timco

There was some info not to long ago about canned text. I have been messing with the canned text to be able to insert text messages. like add clamps or remove clamps. I have ran into a wall, I have not messed with this much but i am tring to learn. I have worked on our posts and got them doing what i want and now trying something new with the canned text. I am not sure what i want to do will work but any info on what i am tring to do would be helpfull. Thanks to all the people here for all the great info that is posted in this forum cheers.gif

code:

pcomment2       #Comment from manual entry

spaces = 0

scomm = ucase (scomm)

#1005 - Comment option 1

#1006 - Comment option 2

#1007 - Define comment with output line

#1008 - Define NC parameter comment

#1026 - ?

if gcode = 1005, pbld, pspc, "(", scomm, ")"

#if gcode = 1006, pbld, pspc, "(", scomm, ")" #Comments

if gcode = 1006, pbld, pspc, scomm #Codes

if gcode = 1007, "(", scomm, ")"

if gcode = 1008, pbld, pspc, "(", scomm, ")"

if gcode = 1026, pbld, scomm

if gcode <> 1007 & gcode <> 1026, e

spaces = sav_spc

You can use manual entry for this. What I do is go to toolpaths, manual entry, click on "use text file, go to the directory where I keep all my notes like "add Clamp" pick the one I want and it will appear in the text box.

Click on NCI Output 1006, OK

Note: make sure you have the correct 1006 code turned on in your post (# sign in front turns line off)

code:

#if gcode = 1006, pbld, pspc, "(", scomm, ")"  #Comments

if gcode = 1006, pbld, pspc, scomm #Codes

the first line will add (---) to you manual entry lines, the second line will show true code.

Tim thanks for the help I will start working with as soon as possible. I figured that this could be done but i was just in the wrong place. This is what makes this a great site. I know alot of programmers that keep things to themself and want tell anyone anything, but there is a great bunch of people here with alot of great info. Thanks again

Rocky said:

quote:

I know alot of programmers that keep things to themself and want tell anyone anything

Then Tim said:

quote:

I should've also said that you can type the code in the text box also.

Are you holding out on us, Tim? tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Thad teh joker