Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posted file extensions

Keith Graydon

Does the posted file extension come from the .cfg or the post? or What?

We're running Mc 8.1 on a NetHasp Licsence. Some of my colleagues are experiencing a small inconveience that didn't occur in Ver 8.0. They are posting files to run on Protrak machines using the MX3.pst. The extensions section in the Mill8.cfg is set to

508. NC Program extension? .cam

When they select and post a file they must now change the extension in the post dialog. The default is set to .nc. They change it in the post dialog to .cam for their machines. see following .jpg.

postdialog.jpg

They dont like to do this (shrug) and would like to have the post dialog show the .CAM extension as their default. Also in their previous Ver. 8.0 Mill8.cfg they had the extension set as .cam and it would still show as .nc in the post dialog but would in-fact post the file as a .cam!. Any suggestions are appreciated.

TIA

-Keith

[This message has been edited by Webmaster (edited 06-18-2001).]

Keith,

Where I work is about 5-10 miles south of Sarnoff, just down (Business) Rt 1 from you. A few blocks in from the Brunswick Circle. Lawrence Mold and Tool - sorry no website yet. BTW, who is your Mastercam dealer? Mine is Prism Engineering out in Horsham, PA.

thats good you folks managed to answer the second part of my next question without me actually asking it, now, is it possible to get MasterCAM to use the program number from the operations manager as the dafault name, and then attatch a different extention to it (in the case of mitsubushi 625 it needs .PRG)

ie Im looking for a default program name of

1234.prg,

where 1234 is the program number from the operations manager.

OK, yes I accept that its may be easier to just change the NCI file name to the number and let that become the default.

Yes you can , under "screen Config"

Go to the "NC setting" tab.

Then go to NC path and check the box

"Active Operrations group's name"

Now when you post it will post that oparation under the name that you gave the op.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcadcam.com

Mastercam forum FTP free file support

ftp://www.ppcadcam.com

User: mastercam

Pass: forum