Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

hitachi sieki automatic tool comp

Camdude®

Gentlemen,

i have a couple of hitachi-seiki machines with the SEICOS controller. this controller has an automatic tool comp mode called G143 that is enabled at start up. when this mode is active i can't program using the usual G42,G41 calls. plus i can't enter a tooltip radius comp on the comp page in the controller. any number other than zero alarms the machine. i tried entering a tool rad comp number and it alarms the machine. this means that i can't tweak the cut using the tool rad. comp function that i want to use. any help

really appreciated. curse.gifbanghead.gif

Welcome back, Phil.

In our Hitachi Seiki post, we include a "G140" in the "PHEADER" section. This cancels the G143 which is the default setting. I have not found a parameter setting to turn off this default. Also, the G145 code turns on Tool Radius Compensation (allows G40/G41/G42), however we have not needed to use this code in our post, just the G140. Be careful, I believe RESET will also re-activate the G143, so it might be best to include it anywhere that you might restart the program (each tool change). HTH.

• 9 years later...