Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

latest but not greatest

foolsh

after updating my mp.dll to the latest version 9.19,i thought it could solve some of the problems associated with the OM Fanuc system.but it seems whilst running a closed contour chaining,there was an overcut of one of the chains!i later change back to mp.dll ver 9.16,and the problem dissapears!do i need to update my post again to use mp.dllver9.19?it's already updated to version 9

foolsh,

Can't help much with the Fanuc OM.

What version of 9 are you running?

V9.0 - V9.1 - SP1 - SP2 or MR0304

If you go to: "www.mastercam.com/Support/Downloads/" - and look at SP2 updates - the MP**.dll's avaliable for download only go up to v9.18?

While if you go to: "www.mastercam.com/Support/Maintenance/ - for maintenance customers only, there is not even any MP**.dll's avaliable for direct download. I guess they are in one of the patch's or on the CD you should have got if a maintenance customer.

What I am getting at, is that with out a little more info, nobody can most likely tell if the v9.19 dll's are compatiable with what you are running. I don't know for sure but I don't think you can use V9.19 MP**.dll's and run older versions than what they were intended for? Someone else will have to answer that.

Go to the support area and make sure you are up to date with "All the Patches" for what ever version of MC you are running.

There were some post issues with the first release of MR0304, (which uses the mp**.dll's V9.19), something about forced radius commands - in the post? There are updates on the MC support site, or search here for the exact answer.

Sorry not much help - but don't mix the MP**.dll's and different versions of MC together - you may get some strange results.

Yes, I update my post on every new release.

HTH confused.gif

Later,

Mark Anderson