Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HSM

ak762

Some controls can understand spline with NC code

can anybody explain me how I can get it from MasterCam

and how right tune post for it.

As a beginner with HSM process I suppose that there are other questions and

I offer open new thread about HSM like 5-axis too.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

To get NURBS code from G-Code output you need http://www.metacut.com . Currently that is the only software that I know of that does it.

You'll need a Fanuc 18i, 16MB or higher, or a 15M with HPCC and RISC options, or a Siemans(don't know models), or xxxxor(I think).

------------------

James M. ;)

Mastercam Enthusiast

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

....to add to that, no CAD/CAM software can take the actual splines from your surface(s) and make code. There is some "translation" that takes place. Currently, what happens is that you create a normal G-Code program(usually, it works best if you tighten up the tolerances to around .0005 or better) then you run your G-Code through the software/filter and it will approximate a spline and turn on/off the appropriate codes at the appropriate time.

NURBS programs depending on the surface's topology can yield as much as a 75% decrease in the amount of NURBS code vs. point to point code. NURBS code is more efficient for control to calculate as well. Better surface finishes are usually the result as well. If you are considering that route, I would suggest trying the Arc Filter from http://www.metacut.com first before making the jump to NURBS. For FANUC controls it is a hardware option, not just a parameter change as are many options. Also, I would not even consider doing it without a Dataserver. JMHO

------------------

James M. ;)

Mastercam Enthusiast