Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T I hate jobboss

Nominal

quote:

What is giving you trouble?

Have you ever used a piece of software for awhile, and thought "man I can't believe what they charge for this weak hack job these bozos are trying to pass off as ready for prime time software"? eek.gif Or perhaps though "man if I wasn't already gainfully employed I could spend a week creating a program that would work 100% better than this uglyness before me"? Or have you ever pictured the people that wrote a particular piece of software as a bunch of pimply faced 18-25 year old losers that may know c++ but don't have a clue about how the software should interface with the user, or what functionality it should or should not include based upon a practical real world understanding of the task at hand? Did you ever find yourself biting your tongue while the rest of management is standing around enthralled by a speech given by some salesperson who cannot be knocked off track from his previously rehearsed monolog by bothersome technical questions? rolleyes.gif

Things like the inability to see more than 4 operations at a time in a 2 by 3 inch rectangle when your process has 30 or 40 of them. I could make a list so long it would take me less time to just write the whole damn program from scratch myself the way it should be in the 21st century. I'm so disgusted by thier code that I'd kick the sales guy in the nads rather than waste a single breath explaining why the software he's pushing is a P.O.S.

I'm glad you guys like it though.

God friggen bless ya. cheers.gif

My displayed name is Nominal and I approved this message.

quote:

Or have you ever pictured the people that wrote a particular piece of software as a bunch of pimply faced 18-25 year old losers that may know c++ but don't have a clue about how the software should interface with the user, or what functionality it should or should not include based upon a practical real world understanding of the task at hand?

Please don't blame developers. That's what project managers and analysts/architects are for wink.gif

Although your description of pimply faced loosers does somewhat describe the majority of my graduating class. But they weren't losers. Let's call 'em "people of eclectic tastes and interests" instead wink.gif

Nominal,

I have used 3 different Mrp/Erp systems and Jobboss is probably the best and easiest to use in a Job Shop environment.

quote:

Things like the inability to see more than 4 operations at a time in a 2 by 3 inch rectangle when your process has 30 or 40 of them.

Not sure what version you are running. This was impreoved in recent versions. I can see 13 ops when the op detail is expanded and more when it is collapsed.

Don't get me wrong, there are some things I dont like about it, but overall I think it is a decent product.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Although your description of pimply faced loosers does somewhat describe the majority of my graduating class. But they weren't losers. Let's call 'em "people of eclectic tastes and interests" instead...

Let's call them Dungeons & Dragons nuts instead, it's probably closer to the truth. eek.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif