Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Older Cincinatti 950 5axis doesn't recognise G84.

MetalFlake

We're setting up this used 5ax machine and just as the operator was getting ready to tap the 900+ 1/2-13 holes in the tooling plate, he discovered that G84 is not in it's vocabulary. We have the same machine, just a couple years newer that does G84 cycles. Anyone know if it's possible to use settings or software from the newer machine to get the older one to tap?

Many thanks!!!

MF

i have had the same problem here - one of our cinci 5x supoorts G84 and the otehr don't. What I did was edit the ptap function in the post to write cycle out long hand

ptap # Canned Tap Cycle

pdrillref

# depth = abs #(refht-depth)

# retr = abs #(depth+initht)

if mi2 = 0, drillref, *x, *y, e

*frplunge, *depth, e

"M4", e

"G01", *zr, *frplunge, e

"M3", e

"G0", "F99.999", e

seems to work fine - I guess they were to cheap to buy tapping on some of our machines - even our 4million dollar 5x with 2 3spindle heads - headscratch.gif

Justind,

I'm getting this error when I post:

Combined Mill and Lathe Post Processor Version 9.16 © Copyright 1992-2003 CNC Software, Inc.

Processing file with CINN-5AX2...

Variable not defined: pdrillref

Post line number 1870

Program execution halted due to error(s) in .pst

I've done some post edits before but I've never created a variable like this. How bout a little hint?

MF