Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solidworks Question

Bill K

We have been getting a lot of Solidworks files lately. Mastercam parasld converter works fine with a SLDPRT extension, but, when I get a file with a SLDDRW or SLDASM it doesn't convert at all.

How do I convert SLDDRW or SLDASM in mastercam? This is a real problem for us, as I need the info from these other files.

Is there a way to convert these files in Mastercam???

Bill, unfortunately I don't believe you can. If the sender can send the complete Solidworks file in one folder (all the individual part files also) you can use the free viewer to see the solids assembly or prints to associate which parts are which item #. Another choice is to request a parasolid XT of the assembly. Upon converting turn on only solids with no edge curves and then move the solid blocks to any desired level you may want. HTH

When doing tools or molds, it was always nice to suppress the hardware before export and only keep the parts you wanted shown. That was the beauty of XT to cam, you got an assembly in solids in relation to each other on different levels. BUT, that works nice when you have a seat of Solidworks or a source that can do that for you.