Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

t-slot undercut 3axis milling

Markus Roth

Hello Forum,

with search, i found some topics, which helped me to get almost done, what i want. If possible, have a look at tslot-undercut.mc9 on the ftp. It looks pretty nice, but has on the "upper half" of the path some strange retracts, i cant explain myself. Anybody can figure it out?

Also, is it possible to rough this part with the t-slot mill? I tried rough/contour and rough/flowline, but had just no luck, when i applied the settings under gaps/check collision like in my programmed finishing flowline..

best regards,

Markus

Markus

in the same folder have a look on TSLOT-UNDERCUTWTP.ZIP .

I made one rough operation with surface-contour

You can use surface -pocket too with similar approach .

Change settings to your taste ,add needed ammount of offsets to approach according to tool and material ,change settings for tolerance and stepping for finish

enjoy

Winnie teh I can make surface pocket operation too ,but I am busy now ,may be later

Helle Winnieh,

that looks excellent! really! :-)but, if i understand your answer right, then rough/pocket is the only way to rough it? no flowline or contour roughing out this profile from the full material? i had something in mind like the 2dswept and then use the swept2r chook. but there, i have the problem with the gouge of upper half..

best regards,

Markus

Or rough pocket ,or a couple of surface contours with different stock to leave ,or draw simple section ,make contours based on it ,use common contour toolpath to rough materrial and then surface -contour

Be a bit creatibe .

Or look deaper in your flowline parameters and geometry

I can make rough toolpath later ,maybe

rr