Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Modify Trim Many

Once you've completed the Modify Trim Many function in Mastercam, you have to reselect the Many entities all over again if you want to perform a subsequent trim with them as I do with frets on a guitar neck, trimming to one side of the fingerboard and then the other. There is no Result or Last option. I mentioned this to CNC Software over a year ago and Ken Erman acknowledged this shortcoming. Thinking this would be an easy fix for a maintenance update, I was hoping to see it before version 10 came out, but it hasn't made it yet. Does anybody know if this will be addressed in version 10? Thanks. confused.gif

Have you tried putting the curves you want to trim into a group? You can then use group to select curves to trim during the trim many option. I tried it here and it seems to work well. But I don't use trim many very often.

Mr. CAM man,

One of my favorite Trim functions in Mcam is Divide. Many users don't use this valuable tool because they've never seen it in action. I like it because it performs the same function in one step, that usually requires a couple of steps with the other methods described above. Check it out. Use the Mcam help if you want a full description. This could be just what you're looking for. HTH cheers.gif

Thanks for all the replies. Once again, I am amazed at how much I can still learn about Mastercam after using it for 14 years. I've never used the Trim Divide function before, but I checked it out. Great tool. Doesn't work for the fret application that I describe, but glad I learned about it. Thanks for the Modify Trim 3 entities. I will be using that all the time now. The Grouping idea was good, but adds an extra step. The select Window intersect is what I use now, but then have to repeat for the other side of the neck. Having the result or last option would be optimum. By the way, when I used divide, I noticed that there was no way to select multiple entities to divide except one at a time. Window would be good to have as well as other selection agents. cheers.gif