Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

holder does not show in verify or replot

F. JAVIER

Hi guys; In my replot i toggle the switch show holder to "Y" and as soon as I step to replot the toggle "show holder" turns back to "N". headscratch.gif In verify the holder is not coming on... Have any of you guys found a way for the holder to show?

V9.1 SP2

I searched the database and did not find an adequate answer.

Thanks in advance

F. Javier

Check to see if the file HOLDER.MC9 is located in your Mcam9MillTools directory. If it is, open it with Mastercam and see if there is anything there. If not you will need to draw your holder profile to scale.

If your file is missing or garbled I can send you mine as a starting point and you can modify it to match your holder.

HTH cheers.gif

Also, when you open up the HOLDER.MC9 file, hit F9 to see the origin.

There should be a vertical centerline going up from the origin. The holder geometry should only be in the upper right quadrant. This is a slice of the holder to be revolved around the centerline.

If this is all good, then I don't have a clue.

cheers.gif

Thanks storkman, it is defined properly and the holder is at the correct directory (I opened it to check it). The tool shows but the holder does not... and what's funny about it is that even in replot the toggles turn themselves off to NOT show the holder, thats why I suspect something else.. thanks again. I'll keep searching.

F. Javier

Our dealer came through!!!

The problem is that we have our tool library across the server and somehow the access to the holder doesn't come thru. In the screen config the new definition for tool library is now to the "C" drive and the holder shows as it does for all you guys. Thanks for the help.

F. Javier