Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trouble running multiple sessions.

MetalFlake

Something has changed within my configuration or somewhere else I suspect. I can no longer have multiple sessions running without it affecting my Operations Manager. Must be some kind of conflict...but it wasn't always like this. It seemed to be like it is now about the time I pasted in a new MC9RS.DLL file in my MCAM9 folder. As I understand, the new MC9RS.DLL has been tweaked to 'enhance' mcam....things like new gui style buttons in the operations manager and the solids manager etc.

I thought I read that I can have different configurations for each session to help get around conflicts. Can someone please shed some light on this topic for me?

Many thanks!!

MF

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You may want to change the temp directory on the other session. When I was running a Dual CPU rig, I had two icons on my desktop for launcing MC. One had the temp file located in one folder, and the other was in another location. This cut file corruption down to nothing.

HTH

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Metal, You'll need to do a couple fo things. Fisrt edit your config file (ex. Mill.cfg or somename.cfg) to your liking. Save it. Go to My COmputer/Explorer and find that *.cfg file and make a copy of it. Open up the copied *.cfg file in a text editor, search for the lines that are like this

quote:

416. Temporary data path? c:mcam9temp

and create a different path (ex. c:mcam9tempvf2)

Then go to the shortcut on your desktop and copy it. Now select one of the icons, right click, properties. Edit the target to include the cfg file you want (ex. C:Mcam9MILL9.EXE copyofvf2.cfg). Save everything, and you should be set. Windows 2k could care less about this stuff. You'll need to create a seperate folder for every session you want to run simultaneously. What happens is each session of MC creates temporary files that it uses for performing various tasks and they delete once the session closes. If you open multiple sessions, and you close a session it could delete the files from the other session. So by creating multiple temp files and multiple cfg files pointing to different temp files you eliminate the possibility of files getting mixed up at the temp file level.

HTH

HTH