Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

4 AXIS POSITIONING

mcpgmr

I am new to Mastercam and having trouble with 4 axis positioning. I created a box with the WCS in the center C/G of the box. I created 3 simple tool paths on 3 faces of the box rotating about Y axis. At each tool path I have the tool plane set to the respective face with the Z axis vector pointing normal to the face I'm machining. I have tool plane and construction plane set the same and the WCS set to 1 (Top). Keep in mind thatI have the WCS Z axis vector pointing normal to the fist face which should be B0.0. The output I expect to see is three cuts 90 deg from eachother. I do have this but I get A axis output instead of B. I am using the MPFAN.pst and have tried every combination of work planes I can think of. Prior to this job I was using Catia V4 and it was a piece of cake to do this.

Got it working thanks to you guys. I did make two sepperate post by turning off (#) the VMC in one and turning on the HMC in the other. Oh and I had to change rotation direction (rot_ccw_pos : 1 #Axis signed dir, 0 = CW positive, 1 = CCW positive) to get the rotary table to go the right (industry standard right hand rule) direction. Thanks againg for the sugestions !