Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MPA2100E post question when tapping

cadmonster66

getting a strange feed rate when using G84.1, here is sample code

(MSG, 1/4-20 TAPRH TOOL - 2 DIA. - .25)

(MSG, DRILL)

:T2 M6

N10 G0 G90 X-1.2903 Y.4521 S200 M3

N20 Z2. M8

N30 G95

N40 G84.1 Z-.5 R.1 W2. F.05

in my parameters page RPM is 200 and the feed rate is 10.0. Why is it when i post the program i come up with Feed of .05. Could some-one please explain

Thanks

John

Your tool data is probably set to ipr rather than ipm. Have you checked that page?

I think you are actually safer running it in ipr mode. It looks like your post correctly outputs G95 (ipr) mode prior to tapping, and I presume it calls up G94 to cancel it before the next tool starts cutting.

John,

Are you saying the programmed feed rate is showing up in the program as – “F 1/20” or as in your first post – “F.05”? confused.gif

Cincinnati controls and machines are something I thankfully have never had too work with – but even at that it should take either “IPR” or “Thread Pitch” programming for the feed on the tap cycle.

Never seen a control that could even use a format of - “F 1/20” . confused.gif

If the control uses anything close to standard code: eek.gif

– for a ¼-20 tap –

If it uses feed for tapping (F.05) would be correct.

If it uses pitch for tapping (F20.) would be correct.

The spindle will feed down (.05), per revolution in either case – (F.05) is done calculated the other (F20.), the control will calculate the proper feed based on the pitch of the thread.

But in either case – YOU need to know which the machine is set to take.

Do you have the manuals? Look in them - it should tell?

If not call the local Cinci. Dealer, they may be able to tell you – or someone here may even know?

HTH

Later,

Mark Anderson

Mark,

i will double check tomrow and let ya know after work tomrow. there is for sure an equation of 1/20 in the threading cycle . new to this dammmmmmmmmmm machine. Really starting to hate this Cinn Arrow and Sabre se got mad.gifsmile.gif

will look at full cycle tomrow

thx John

thought there might be some Cinn machine guys here. Guess i'm the only one lolololo