Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

G61.1 and G64 on PCfusion

Bruce Caulley

On our new variaxis machines G64 is the default, but if we run any parts they end up scrapped because the tolerance is too open. If we run G61.1 the parts hold size but the cycle time blows way out. We have experimented with an M825 which has improved the motion while using G61.1 but the machine is still very jerky with no smooth motion.

Has anyone used the PCfusion control with ISO programmes and had the same problem? We have this control on other machines and don't seem to have a problem. Is this, as I suspect, a parameter that is setting the "dwell" at all intersections?

Any help appreciated.

Bruce

Bruce,

I am not sure if we have the same controller,

Ours is a Variaxis 630 with Mazatrol 640M 5X about 3 months old

We have no trouble at all with dwelling when using G61.1.

As an example the software we use outputs a Helix as Linear XYZ moves. Just today We had no trouble holding a 600mm/min feedrate while milling a Ø10 hole with a Ø8 cutter.

I have also done a lot of 3D work with no dwelling what so ever.

I would be happy to look through the parameters if this helps

Your right they are a bit like A-holes, Everyone seems to have one.

But seriously,

They are a good product that is well supported and that is why we went down this road with these guys.

Also a fact was that they mazak have sold so many 5 Axis machines to happy customers added more weight to the decision

P.S No I do not have any interests in and have never worked for Mazak - Just in case anyone wants to ask.