Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Safety Zone & Posting

I did a search and didn't quite find what I was looking for.

I am trying to set up a post for a customer on an A55 Makino. They typically do not retract to home at an index move.( I know I know... I don't have to run it, so I could care less how they do things). Anyway, I would like to set them up using the safety zone but really don't like what I see. I only want to retract to the safety zone on index moves, and am noticing my drill cycles, and such retracting after each hole drilled, or the endmill retracting after each pocket on multiple pockets. I would like to set the post up with a condition but not sure where the post is catching the Z move. Or am I missing something in the Safety Zone setup?

Thanks

Tim,

I have been wanting something like this to work for years. I do not think that the safety zone feature is developed enough for this yet though.

You may want to show them how long it takes to move to machine zero(G28) in Z and explain that this is the safest / recommended way. I believe that an A55D has a rapid rate of 1581 IPM and an A55E is something like 3300IPM. This would be 26.35" per/sec and 55" respectively. IOW, full retracts are much safer and for all practical purposes just as fast. An A55 is a small machine so the Z will probably go home in under one second with acc / decs and everything.

Thanks,

Mike

Tim

I use the 1. "Default Safe Height Beginning of Op"

2. "Default Safe Height End Op" which is set in the Misc button on Mr1 and Mr2. Mine sets itself in the post but can be changed manually by selecting the Misc. check box and changing the settings under the button. I am setting the menu on Mr1 & Mr2 in a text file matched to my post. I would be glad to send you a copy of my post so you can see how it is being done.