Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lettering

Michael Reynolds

You can run a toolpath on the draft letters, then do a toolpath-surface finish-project to project the draft letter toolpath on to a surface that is created on the appropriate diameter. You can also do a create-curve-project and project the draft letters onto a surface, then run a toolpath on the curve letters. I've used this with good results. For creating letters on an arc with true type letters, I've had to create the letters (I used the RomanD font)and offset one line to centerline of the font, then trimmed them together. Kind of laborious, but it got the job done.

Larry

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: Larry Smith ]

[ 07-31-2001: Message edited by: Larry Smith ]

Michael,

Have you tried?: CREATE-LETTERS-FILE-BOX

This is a 'stick' line/arc font that you can use on an arc of a specified radius and center point. Alas, it only produces capital letters, but... smile.gif

You could also create your own 'stick-type' geometry font if you need this type of thing often. Maybe others have already made up their own variations on the 'stick-font' theme and would be willing to share.

Brad McIntosh

CNC Automation

I'm glad they keep the 'File' thing. It would be nice though if they expanded its' support for lower case letters though!

I guess it would require some sort of special naming convention for the geo file names - something like A.MC8 for 'A' and A_.MC8 for 'a'. If the A_.MC8 doesn't exist, Mastercam would use the A.MC8 by default. What do people think?

Brad McIntosh

CNC Automation