Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Letters won't toolpath

TyK

I'm reltively new to MC so I'll try to make this brief in the hopes of not embarassing myself.

I'm trying to cut out a sign consisting of single letters:'RESTAURANT & SPORTS BAR',about 200mm tall each and out of 3/8 plexi. Got em nested but for the outside contour the toolpath jumps the bulge in the R's B's and & symbol. Letters were created in MC. Font is Ariel. Any ideas are much appreciated.

Welcom to the forum,

I created this with no problems with the following method.

Create -> Drafting -> Note

then break the note in to geometry

Modify -> Break -> Draft/line -> window text -> done.

Then contour tool path.

The arcs are turned into splines, make sure that you use Filter or you will get a ton of short G01 moves.

Do you have a entity mask enabled with spline deselected Chain -> options entity mask on the right side of the dialog box?

What is the defined size of your cutter?

If the cutter cannot enter an area because it's to big, then it quite simply will disregard otherwise there would be an overcut. This might explain why the tool is jumping over some of the letter features.

I might suggest using a smaller cutter.

Oh Yes, and welcome to the forum. cheers.gif

P.S. - never make it brief in the hopes of not embarassing yourself; we have all learned things the same as you are so ask away because there are no really dumb questions. smile.gif

Regards, Jack

Holy answers Batman!! That was quick. I sort of solved it too. It appears that cutter compensation set to 'control' was the cause of my problem, probably because of the reason you stated Jack. When compensation set to 'computer' it does ok,(aside from posting 30 pages of code). I'll have to try filter and see if that helps. Thanks all.