Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Manual Entry problem

Lars Christensen

Hi guys

I did a search, but I did not find what I was looking for. This is a problem in my wire post, that works great in my mill post

Problem:

I have to wire these cones shaped holes with an angular start up, the problem is that there is like 50 of them, all at the same distance. So I want to use translate tool path. The problem is that I want to raise the head and drain the water before each chain, so I thought of using “manual entry”. Well that do not work very well in my wire post. It will only post the 1st. line in my manual entry, and if you create more that one manual entry after each other, it will only read the 1st. line in the 1st manual entry. So I took a look at my wire post, and that is not making any sense to me,I tried to copy=>paste some of the details from my mill post, that works good, but that just made the post stall.

I got to be honest, I do not understand what is going on in the wire post “scomm = wbuf ( 2.3 wc2 )”.

My Wire:

code:

pcomment2    # Comment from manual entry, must have booleans out of pcomment

scomm = wbuf ( 2, wc2 )

scomm = sblank #Must clear scomm before exit

comflag = one

pcomment # Comment from manual entry

pcomment2

My Mill:

code:

pcomment      #Comment from manual entry

pcomment2

#################################################################LARS

pcomment2 #Comment from manual entry

scomm = ucase (scomm)

if gcode = 1005, pbld, n, scomm, e

#else, "(", scomm, ")", e

if gcode = 1006, pbld, n, "M00", "(", scomm, ")", e

#else, "(", scomm, ")", e

pbld, n, *speed, *spindle, *feed, e

pbld, n, "M08", e

###################################################################LARS

An other thought I had was to make a main program and a sub program. Were the main program only would contain position move and sub calls. Is there a way in Mastercam were you can pick points and only get the position move, or do you create a post that would do this.

Thanks

Lars

Mcam 8.1.1 Mill Level 3

Mcam 8.1.1 Wire Level 2

If it were me I would do this Via the Mi vaules verses doing this with Manunal Entry. I find I can thing where I want it and how I want way easier and way more effectively with MI or Misc vaules. Do a search on this and think you will find 100's of things done this way. Pallets Changes, Tail Stock Calls, 5 axis clearences, Maunal relase tools, and etc.............

HTH

Well thanks to this place you have about 32,000 place left in your post. Let say you have mi2 = 1 doing cut wire well you could use that same mi2 = 4 to say drain the tank then you could use mi2 = 6 to fill the tank. The only thing you have to do it just make sure you declear all of your condition statments at such that they either can only equal the amount for first tools call new tool call in the post or not be greater or less than the amount when calling it in the null toolchange to avoid repeative calls of a command.

HTH