Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Stock Flip vs. 2nd Toolgroup

Mike@Dive Lab Inc.

Good Morning Everyone,

Just curious as to what you guys prefer. Actually doing a lathe stock flip or creating a separate toolgroup for the 2nd op. I found on parts with many tools , things tend to get a little confusing and difficult to make changes after backplot.Afer only a (few) times I have used this command I'm leaning more to creating a 2nd toolgroup. Any tips or tricks??

I also recently purchased a HP zd7000 notebook w/ 2.0 GB, 100GB hard drive, GeForce 5700 graphics card,17" screen I have Mastercam 9,Autodesk Inventor 9, Autocad Mechanical Desktop 2005 all installed on it. This thing runs great, never even so much as a hic-up. Just a heads up if anyone is considering a notebook. This set up seems to work great for my application

Have a Great Day,

Mike Ward

Mike,

I always create a 2nd opp. I may be lazy but I just never spent too much time learning stock flip. Being a bit "old school" I just did what was familiar to me to get the job up and running. I've been saying for a while I should go back and figure this out but never have.

Phil

I have used the stock flip option but don't really care for it too much.

It blanks out your geometry depending what op. you are backplotting.

It has also done some weird stuff with my geometry too.

I prefer to use a 2nd operation,but you end up having to manually chain and transfer/mirror your leftover stock to use for 2nd op. wink.gif

Stock Flip is a pain in the a$$ in my opinion, if you edit ops after the stock flip or create new geometry strange things start to happen to your geometry. Brendan and I were pumped when we first tried it but after that I became considerably less impressed

C