Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

trouble in the shop!

Kannon

Hello All!

I cant say I am new to this forum, cause I have been absorbing all of your knowledge for the past year! You all are great!

My question is: Our company globally is switching to Pro E, and in our edm area we use Mastercam. We have Mits wires, sinkers and 2 vf2 haas mills. In the very near future the drafting department wants to send us the pro e files. I have the converter to import pro E files for mastercam. Problem is I cant save them as Pro E when Im finished fine tuning the program. Mastercam is what we use to create the nc posts for our machines. Is there an easy fix to this? Right now I am recieving the programs via e-mail, then converting to mastercam and killing the 3d for the wires(ours work on only 2d work). Now how do I send the program back to the drafting department in a format pro e can read and analyze arcs, radius, etc.

Thanks,

Brian banghead.gif

Hello Kannon123,

Welcome to the Forum cheers.gif

Send a .dxf for 2d and an iges for 3d. or do they want to look at the posted code? (yeah, right). you could post a file then reverse post it. save it down in a graphic format (dxf, iges...) and then send them that file plus all the tool offsets! Mwhahahahahahahhaha!

where the heck in the world is DECORAH?

Im pretty good at geography but i never heard of DECORAH

-Keith, from home

hey keith,

i can answer the where the hell is decorah question..it's a town way up in the northeast corner of iowa..about 20 miles north is minnesota and 30 miles east is wisconsin...i'm about 13

miles south of decorah...

hi brian...wish i could help on your question but i'm more of a wire man and only know enough about milling to be dangerous..sounds like the people you work for are asking alot out of you...

dan