Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tool path backplot does it show rotation?

Dave anderson

Hi guys . Im still somewhat new to mastercam and was wondering if in backplot how to show rotation or does mastercam do this everytime i backplot its shows a tool path from the top then one from the side or bottom etc... i have put in new tool origins but i havent created new views not sure if im supposed to ? Thanks guys .

I think though unless it is chaged will only show you 4th axis full movement toolpaths not drilling tapping and things like this in the backplot. For verify you need to use Tools not trubo and it will only show you the part machine not move the part but there is a ture 4th and 5th axis verfiy add on for Mastercam and not sure what it's capabilites are.

HTH

ok how do i get mastercam to use a 4th axis tool path lets say a simple cube block and lets say i letter it with a #1 on the top and a #2 on the side i created new tool origins for each perhaps im doing something wrong . Im just trying to figure out a simple way so lets say a cube block with engraving the numbers on each side.I only have a 3 axis machine but will be using a rotary table with a add on cnc controller that is progrmamed seperately. would the cd that mike mattera has on the 4th axis help me on this?

ok i guess the post processor im using when I click on the tool paths says doesnt support this post processor like an error message im just trying to learn maybe i can use a different setting or something i sorta get it now but think maybe i can pick some generic post processor or something so i can practice this.maybe the CD will help I just enjoy playing with mastercam and learning this stuff .

I do not know about the Cd personally but have found his things to be spot on. Charles Davis of San Diego Cad/Cam also has a very good book for this as well. With that said Look on the FTP for OCTOGON TRANSFORM in the MC9 folder. This is something doing 4th axis stuff using C-planes and Transform to do some simple 4th axis toolpaths.

HTH