Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old version of Mastercam

Archimedes

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...I suspect that by the time you pay for the software and the transfer fees you might as well buy a modern version...

You're right. It may actually be cheaper to buy a new version. You'll be hard perssed to even get that version running on a Modern Computer anyways. Version 3 was DOS only. Don;t think Windows 3.1 was even out then. You're talking late 80's early 90's here...

Do youself a favor, don;t even mess with it, get Version 9 and you'll be much more productive anyway.

JM2C

There isn't always a transfer fee. I seriously doubt if anyone would really care about 3.11. Having started using 3.11 I can tell you that if what ever you do has any level of competition, you would be VERY hard pressed to be competitive using 3.11. SO many improvements over the years!

If you were going to use for hobby work that might be different. As was stated above it will be unsupported, so you are kind of on your own.

If your hope was to save something on upgrade charges by starting with that seat, I don't think it will help you much.

That`s not for us to decide what can CNC software do and what not

There is Agreement text for ver 3.1.1 read it and you`ll know ,what the matter of things .

Riules are rules and agreements are agreements .

Look on Apple .

If it decides that MacOS7 if free it is free.

You can dounload it and use it.

But you can not copy the ROM contents and distribute it to use it wit emulator even for MacPlus 30 years old .

Why ,you may say ,how can it hurt Apple .

But that`s Apple who decides what may hurt it ....

Same story here .

What I read above not the arguments to consider .

Microsoft Win95 is abandonware ,but I am not sure that it means you can use it without licence .

If you want real free things install Linux ,qcad and it`s add-on Cam expert http://www.ribbonsoft.com/camexpert.html

or some other open Sourse program

So just wondering what did you pay for it?

It will not be supported by any of the dealer or CNC sorry to say.

If you can afford it I do say purcahse the new version.

What you have only is good to someone that might want to colloect the older version like that.

IF I am tight that is a green key right?