Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HPCC on Y Axis lathe?

rich

Good morning,

Does anyone have this option on their Y axis machine? I cannot seem to find any information on weather of not this option is available on a lathe. If anyone is doing any HSM on their lathes out there and could let me know I would appreciate it. The lathe in question is the Mori NL2500SY.

Thanks Again

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...High precision contour control or Risk...

That would be...

Reduced

Instruction

Set

Computing/Computer

HPCC gives you tremendous amount of control over your Acc/Dec parameters in your control to achieve better cycle times and more accurate part finishes. HPCC helps speed up Block Processing Time by using a 64bit processor to crunch data. Not seen it in a lathe. That's not to say it's not available. I'd guedd it would be. Don't forget the Dataserver though.

The information all the sales people tell me is that their machine will G1 feed 300-400 IPM (depending on the manufacturer) on the Y axis but unlike the mill they don’t list a cutting feed rate separate from the rapid traverse rate and if their cutting feed rate is true to be 300 IPM then I would have to guess that HPCC will be available? But no one can tell me for sure if this is fact. I guess I will have wait on the response from Mori’s application engineers. I was hoping someone in the forum might have encountered or inquired about this before. Thanks Again to All