Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak HSM 3D milling question

PE @ IHS

I have a customer that just bought a brand new Mazak VMC with the high speed controller, but he is getting lousy results with 3D cutting. The machine seems to gouge parts when cutting at over 100 ipm. Mazak has done the ball test and can't figure out what is wrong.

Does anyone here have experience doing complex 3D work on a newer mazak mill? I usually see these machines more in job shop 2D environments.

thanks

Peter,

We had a lot of dramas with our 2 new variaxis machines. If we used G64 the parts were scrap. If we used G61.1 the programmes took forever. We tried everything G92 G05 etc etc etc.

Eventually we told the dealer to fix it or forget about selling us any more machines, so they compared the parameters in the control with the parameters in one of our horizontals in our FMS and found a couple of parameters that were different. He changed them and now the programmes run twice as fast and are holding size.

I will see if I can find out what was changed.

Bruce

Thanks for all the advice guys, keep 'em coming. Jack, the customer is in Richmond Hill, but I don't think he needs someone on a full time basis, more like 10-20 hrs a week. Shoot me an email if interested in "something on the side".

I am always interested in "something on the side", but the wife would probably cut off my Millimeter Peter ...... biggrin.gif