Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool and offset call on same line

D. Brigham

I am new to Mastercam and have only a day and half into exploring posts. I need a tool call in the following format.

T14.4 M6 where leading 1 is always 1

and .4 is offset number.

*t gives only T4

This is used with Allen Bradley 8600 series.

After 15 yrs with Smartcam, I can see that learning new post is going to be interesting!

Thanks,

David

You need to do 2 things:

First change the fmt statement for the t variable to allow for 1 decimal place -

fmt T 9 t (this is from mpfan, 9 is .X)

Second, add this line to the psof and ptlchg sections right before your "*t" line -

t = 10 + t + (tloffno/10)

(make sure the line does not start at the far left of the screen)

This is not the prettiest way to do this, but this is the easiest to relay over the board.

[ 08-16-2001: Message edited by: gstephens ]

I am using a variation of an 8600 post on my machines. Please make sure "break arcs" is set to "no". I scrapped 2 parts before I cought this. On an arc just over the 90 deg. mark, it will send the tool all the way around. It is the controllers interpretation of the extra line of code and will not show up in a back plot. I have a strange tool call also, tool 26 would output "M6T26.26".

I am assuming this is some sort of a mill you have................

To: gstephens

Using t=10 + t +(tloffno/10) may not be pretty, but it works well. I was too busy looking for another variable to use - a little math solves the problem nicely. Thanks much

To: JAMMAN

Haven't tryed to cut anything yet, but we are cutting wood and need to split arcs to change feed speed due to grain of matl. Thanks for heads up, I will be careful.

To: Surface

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on the offer for help as I go further.

Am making progress, currently working on how toolcomp is turned on and off. Also, am trying to figure out how to put labels in code. A-B 8601 needs branching labels with parentheses around them "START", etc. Any ideas?

Thanks to all

D.Brigham

Do you mean quotation marks instead of parentheses? If so, you have to use the ascii character number:

034, "START", 034

will give you:

"START"

in the output. Just be sure to set the spaces variable to 0 beforehand or else you'll get " START "

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: gstephens ]

You can break arcs in a gazillion pieces, just try not to let the post do it. Good luck with wood. I'm doing stone!I have done without the branching labels, and I wouldn't trust comp in controller on an 8601. I saw "incompatible profile" messages too many times. I do like the (UAO,X) call and use it to make all my machines tables match heights. I don't have an 8601 left but the S10 uses similar code.

Jim