Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Splines to line/arc

Surface

Main Menu, Modify, Break, Spl to arcs.

The help file says this utility is for "Breaking 2D splines into arc and line segments" and yet regardless of the tolerance, I cannot create one single arc segment.

I can create arcs by using the command Create, Curve, One edge, but have been trying to use the All egdes command on a different face.

Contouring splines creates larger files, and inaccuracys. Choosing Edge curve, One Edge, is a pain.

Does anyone have any experence with this function?

Main Menu, Modify, Break, Spl to arcs is a good command it work well for me. The best way to create contouring geometry I've found is usig the C-Hook moldplus, there is a command for edges, 3D edges, Part edges, and it works very well smile.gif . The edges, planar edges will give you arcs and lines.

Allan

Hi John,

For create plane tool center boundary in mold (or Chain for Contour) I am using All edges and Delete Window all curves not in my plane.

Set correct Set Method and valor in Options All edges for not large file or inaccuracy.

And using splines for accuracy; and set correct in Contour Parameters (linearization tolerance).

Or for best control (and more work) break splines in arcs and lines (set correct error).