Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with a 3d tool path

DaveR

I uploaded a file called WS-revolver-rail-1 to the FTP under the MC9 file folder.

I tried just about every finish toolpath to get the fillets on the edges cut but they all seem to gouge the heck out of the part. I'm sure I'm just not setting some parameter right, just don't know which one. Could be so many things. I tried picking the whole solid, then tried picking the fillets as drive and the top as check, still get the gouges...The rough tool path was a piece of cake.

The part was done in SW-05 and imported right in with no problems.

I'd appreciate any advice any of you care to give.

Thanks,

Dave

Are you using check surface to keep it from hitting the corners. If you pick a wall and it was radius on the edges you need ot select the radius ad check surface to aviod machining them or select them as drive surfaces to machine them. I do not have a HASP at home so can't help you tonight but email me the file and I wilk try to take a look at it if noone else steps up to the plate to help you out.

I also use boundaries when I am trying to limit movement of surface toolpaths. I think you will find inside and sometimes a .0005 distance will do very nice.

HTH

Dave,

I am not a surfacing expert ...here is what I see:

Are you trying to machine the .050 rads on the top view?

If so:

I tried to machine the .050 Rads and they seem to flowline just fine. When everything is tangent, it is not neccesary to select "Checks" on something like this. Flowline will always "kick but" if it will work for the job.

If you have a slow machine or lots of parts, I would just re-create the .050 surface real quick so that the feedrates are optimized. It will filter real nice this way.

Mike