Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HMC Rotation question

cibak1

The control( Fanuc Sigma 16 or 18 ?, Brand New ) on the HMC we're using will not understand a decimal point as far as the rotation angle goes( as in B90.) On this machine the table is strictly an indexer. I am using MPFAN post altered somewhat, but not the stuff dealing with table indexing. I need the post to post out the B value without decimal points ( ex. B90, B110, B180, B210, etc. ). Any help with the post would be greatly appreciated.

Also, is there anyway I can get it to always post The B value as a postive value to never exceed B359? For example, if I was at B270 and rotated 90 degrees Pos. it would go back to B0 in the G code.

Thanks again

Change the fmt of the B and that should take care of that.

code:

fs2 4   1 0 1 0     #Integer, not leading 

This would be my guess for the one to use so look here.

code:

fmt  B  11  cabs        #C axis position

fmt B 14 cinc #C axis position

fmt B 4 indx_out #Index position

Now for the limit of 360 I do not see this in MPFAN so I would download a copy of MPMASTER from this web site. Look up at the top of the web page will see posts. That is where you can get it from. Use that as a road map to Add the limit or just modify this kick arse post to your liking and you have a sweet post for doing HMC work. I use a modified version of it on ours and does some really nice work. I just got done doing a 130 op 10 hour run per part job and a 4 hour 45 op run job using this post and had no problem with the posted code.

HTH

Thanks but not sure exactly what or how to change the code. I will experiment a little and see what I get. I have very very little experience messing with posts. Been using MC since ver. 5 but only for vmc's and never had a problem with our post. All new to the Horizontals though. Another month or 2 I'll be askin questions on VTL's, so I won't be goin away anytime soon.

Thanks again and I'll let you know how I make out.

I usually add this to the mpfan post to keep the angles between 0 and 360.

code:

pcoutrev        #Rotary axis revolution calculation (Modify for wind-up)

if cuttype <> one, cabs = rev * 360 + csav

else, cabs = sav_rev * 360 + csav

while cabs <= -360, cabs = cabs + 360# <=== new line

while cabs >= 360, cabs = cabs - 360# <=== new line

!csav

HTH,

Please explain further. My code is the same as you put up here. What exactly do I need to change to get rid of the decimal points after the B values?

Steve,

Thanks. I changed my code to what you showed me and the rotation did not exceed 360 in my test program. Still need to get rid of the decimal points though. I'm told it will cause an alarm at the control.

Thanks guys,

Jim Cibak