Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nesting

routerman7030

your brain is loaded with fuzzy logic, nesting packages are not. i use Nestor, it has a pretty powerful algorithm that does a good job of nesting.

it was originally designed for the fabrics industry. cutting patterns and the like.

i use it for waterjet nesting and it works like a charm.

I did send an email to a greg from mastercam this morning whith the file attached. The part is 14.5 X 15 with a large radius on one end, to look at it from far away you would think it was square. I had a piece of material that was 30.375 X 96 inches long. I used a .5 inch tool to cut it. Mastercam Nesting would not put 2 rows of parts just one, with mastercam i got 6 parts off the sheet and when i did it i got 12 off the same size sheet. I could email you the file if you would like.