Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Peck Drilling

MillMan

Your machine may not like changing the depth (Z value) mid cycle. You can try reordering your points so that the deepest is the first point drilled, as odd as it sounds I have seen this actually work. Also, what kind of machine is it? Are you using a deep hole pecking cycle (with I, J, and K values)? If so don't, use a standard peck cycle with a Q value, these values are sometimes only calculated once (at the callout line).

HTH

Millman,

quote:

Help...I'm peck drilling holes of varying depths in the same operation

Take them and put them in separate operations.

Time spent guessing whats wrong is valuable. Just make new operations with each depth done right. Not being a smarta$$ just think you could be done already thats all.

Millman,

I have seen this in some particular drill cycles

What I have done is actually edited the post for the particular drill cycle.

Then everytime the post encounters a depth change it will cancel the drill cycle and call out a new drill cycle with the new depth.

This makes it real easy for programming, just window all arcs and set the drill depth to incremental with a a value of zero.

The post edit takes a bit of time,but it will make your job alot easier.

If you would like some more info just e-mail me.