Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Defiance VTX?

El Scotthead

I think the servos are out of tune--they hum when not in use. Also, the y-axis will generally cut about 0.001-0.002 smaller than the x-axis, unless I mill the part at 45 degrees to the axis'. Then finished geometry comes out fine. The y-axis thing is an annoyance that I can work around, but the servos I think need to be addressed.

I don’t believe a servo motor can get out of tune. A servo top card can be electrically trimmed via this card but a qualified electronics technician from Mitsubishi, Fanuc, or whoever, really needs to be the one doing this task. I suspect that these conditions that you describe may also be adjusted through parameters as well.

A servo hum can also occur when there is an obstruction around your limits or home position – try peeling off the guarding to ensure absolute cleanliness.

Regards, Jack

If something has gone to ground it will cause all of the issues you described as well. We had a machine we built brand new and had these problems for a year. We had to keep it for in house use because they could not tune the problem out. Turned out a wire was grounding out. Fixed it and sold the machine as used. Still running great a year later.