Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal rotary table question

JCLM

When I program my part in mastercam everything looks alright. However, when I post the program out, the "A" value is rotating the wrong way. I think it's something in my post that needs to be changed. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeromey

This post does becuase we use it and kicks but for 4th axis work. Also need to remember to keep the right hand rule in effect when creating your C-planes. The right hand rule is that when you are looking at the c-plane as if you were looking at it as it were in front of you the X axis needs to point to the right.

HTH

I couldn't find "rot_ccw_pos" in my post. It's not that its rotating the wrong way, but is rotating to the wrong position. Example: I want it to rotate to A90. but it posts it out as A270. The MasterCam file backplots correctly so that is why I think it has something to do with the post. The post is mpfadal V7.0

Thanks

It has switches for either when it comes to the tapping and some other little difference bewteen the 2 formats.

If you are using V9 I would look at the MPMASTER_FADAL post dave has it does good. I added all of the subroutines to our post including engraving thnaks to help around here. I also have manunal indexing and this post supports transfrom and rotate very well. I have doe alot of 4th axis programming and use a different varation of this post as many others for a hortzional and it rocks.

HTH

The MPMaster_Fadal post is great. I have modified it for my own preferences, but "out of the box" it is the best I have seen. As has been mentioned, you should be able to get it through your reseller.

I always found the MPFadal post to be less than satisfactory (particularly for rotary) - even after tweaking on it a lot.

DaveR,

I don't have the post in front of me at home here. If remember correctly though from rummaging(sp) through it, there is a switch within the post that determines it can be either Format 1 or Format 2.

Well Craig that is what MPMASTER_FADAL does it has these different ways of doing each tapping cycle with format one being pitch with F being the spindle speed in the tapping cycle and Q being the pitch where as with format 2 you are using feed rate so the feed rate is also used as the rotation of the pitch to the rpm all from the post. I changed the M5 method in the post to not turn on the spindle at all but that is just personal preference. The post from in-house also goes a step futher that if you are in Metric it will again do all of this for both formats from there. I have tweaked our post to included I,J,K peck tapping as well as Floating or compression tapping with rigid tapping as well, but all the things for it to make good code and give you a good part are there people like myself who are very spefic about what we like to see for code just adjust a kick but post to our liking does not mean the post is not capable just means we are picky is all. I hope that clear up any misunderstanding about this MPMASTER_FADAL post that people have.

HTH