Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

SPACE BALL

Scott Bond

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Yes Mastercam Supports a Spaceball, and yes I would use one if I could afford one. biggrin.gif They start at about $450 and go up from there. eek.gif

It's used for dynamic part rotation, zooming and panning plus you can program the buttons to do specific tasks. Give it a try. It'll feel kinda wierd for a little while but I've been told once you use one, you'll never give it up.

Hope that helps.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

My pleasure Scott.

We had a decent outing last night at the track. My class had 6 people. An 18x (man he was fast, he came from Canada, really nice guy), a 17i, and a 21i, a 25n, 17n and me. I transferred in the third race (got first - by quite a distance). I beat the novices in the main but couldn't catch the inters. Bummer eh? I tiik 4th in the main. I got a boatload of points thanks to the Expert. Michael had a rough time with the 12i and 13i he had to race. Just a total points race for him. He took third overall. Brian was not feeling so good. He transfeerd in the third race getting the last slot. In the Main, he got 4th out of 5. Then we practiced for another hour after the race were over.

Is this weekend the Blackjack Nationals? Or is it Next weekend?

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Hi James & fellow race fans

This week is the state champion ship at orange.

Next week is the BLACK JACK national in Reno .It is an indoor totaly covered arena w/TV ,and the first time I raced indoors like that I didn't like all the people looking at me.(now i'm ok)

The last day of racing this year is dec 15th and as you know it takes five years for a cruiser to change age groups.36-40,41-45 and so on this day I race 46 and up.

Look for the half page add in the national BMXer mag. and BMX plus .We are having a birthday party at the track .I will make everyone a burger and share some cake.All my cruiser buddies will come from near and far.

If you ever need a frend at the track,

"you should have brought your dog."

Millturn

Do you think Mike Brown will win the 125 National or Langston?

Oh Yeah we have a TrackBall ,Have you ever seen the intro to the Olympics in Atlanta 3D style?

Through the Model of the site...That was

done with a trackball...The UG guy Made Models at work look like scenes from StarWar's With that gadget...

We are looking not only for detectable interference(Solidwork's)YES!But GAPAGE, NO!

In shut of condition's.The trackball help's us sneak around looking for Gapage.......

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: Tony ]

Tony, I use to track national scene. I am a old motocrosser from way back when(1976)rode the local track for 15 years and then lost interest due to injuries,(missed to much work)I still ride ,but just hare scrambles and trail riding(we go to Chadwick Mo twice a year).I hear Travis is pretty hot and could stand off the heat. Maybe you guy's can keep me posted

Good talking to you. smile.gif

Hi Jay, and all loyal Mastercam users

Morey is working on a track ball deal, as well as a 5axe M.C. deal with Dave.the

track balls are used but should have little wear on them ,let know if your still interested.

To James,Bens and Millturn

What a co-winkydink that MX travis's name came up under this thread ?

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Hi all,

I have both a 3003 and a 4000 series spacecontroller (I use UG). They are a great product and I find 3D work primitive without them. But, I think you'd be disappointed if you went out and purchased a s.b. for use with Mastercam. Mastercam will only allow about 3 rotations or zooms and closes down the driver until you restart it. V7 and V8 both do this. whatever you buy, test it first.

-mark