Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Haas Ethernet

Müřlıń®

cmr,

we went through our dealer.we liked the mold one so much we bought another,they sold the ss and just took it from us to its new home.we tried all kinds of things,the problem is that to get the high feed it blends the toolpath and with the 12 pitch it can't follow.we use different size balls on cavities and the cutter paths would never match up.good luck!

OK... Sorry, I didn't read through all the replies, but here goes...

I'm running my VF3 through a network. The reason why you're struggling to get your machine communicating on various netwrks is that little NETBios setting that you must enable to get your Haas communicating.

If you go through the step by instructions on how to setup your PC so it will communicate with your Haas machine, you will see that you must change that one little setting to force NETBios to be enabled. Now this is where the fun begins. NetBios is not a routable protocol. in other words, if you connect your Haas machine to a router it Nothing that is connected to the router will be able to "see" your Haas machine. I've never tried getting the IPX going, but I don't think that'll run through a router either. And I havn't seen old fashioned hubs around in a while. The old IPX and Netbios protocols where broadcasters. In other words, If I want to send anything across a network, my message would stop at each PC along the line and ask "Is this message for you?"... And it would continue to do so until the intended recipient says "Yes, that message is for me, thanks". TCP doesn't work that way. Your PC gets registered at every router, so a message is not broadcast, but sent to where it's supposed to go.

OK, the easiest way to work around this is to have "translator" between the Haas machine and the routing network (Your office network). To do this, get a "translator pc" at your haas machine that has 2 network cards installed. The one network card connects only to the Haas machine, directly (Note that you will need a crossover cable for this. A normal 1 to 1 flylead won't work). The second netowrk card is connected to a router on your network. Then you simply enable NetBios for the Haas card only, and your all setup.

Now when you send stuff from your office, it is received by 2nd network card in the PC. And you can pull it to the control through the first network card.

Also note that the default adress for the Haas Machine is 192.168.1.x ... The default ip adress range for a regular office network is 192.168.0.x ... This means that your Haas machine is excluded from direct comms with the office network by the subnet mask 255.255.255.0

I pull programs into my control at true 10Mb/s speed. I don't have a lot of memory on the control though... But I'd say I can load a full 1Mb program in about 10 secs.

HTH

Oh yes, forgot to add. Each network card in that translator PC has it's own IP adress. So the router card will have forinstance 192.168.0.x (To make it visible and accessable on your company network), and the Haas card will be 192.168.1.x (To keep the machine invisible on the company network, and ensure easy 1 on 1 comms between the translator computer and the Control itself).