Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surface rough pocket

ngkim

can surface rough pocket mill the depths of all pockets or steps in this multisurface rough pocket but leaving the walls for finishing.or is there any other method for milling the depths to size without resorting to constructing wireframes for finishing all the pockets or steps using 2-D pocketing as we already have all the surfaces drawn.

I have resorted to leaving 0.stock and lying that the cutter is bigger then it is to accomplish Finishing the Z but leaving stock on the sides.

Un fortunately it screws up your verification of what really is going to happen ...So I have to copy the operation and use the true tool size when I verify it..Critical levels is supposed to "Function and accomplish this" I have Never been able to get it to Fully function. confused.gif

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: Tony ]

Tony,

I do the same thing, then come back with surface contour finish. Don't have a problem with verification, as there are no higher ups to look over my shoulder. Then when I post it out, I edit the comment line where the cutter dia. is back to the original size, so as to really confuse the operators!!! wink.gif