Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Programmers wanted!

SpazMachine

one thing that i always thought sucked was that our company was too cheap to buy our wire dept. a full mc key that had solids...most of the job positions i seen here have 3d and solids and all that stuff...wish i had more experience at that...this opening sounds like a good job..good luck to someone!!!

dan

I'm assuming this but deeherk mentioned the wire dept. When it comes to wire, solids will give you cleaner geometry (lines and arcs) than surf bodies when you slice and dice for cut paths. Just like when you import an iges as compared to a solid, the translation is cleaner with a solid than the iges.

Now for 3-d toolpaths, yep I love surfs for manipulating them also. You want to extend an edge you do it only, nothing tied to the whole block.

Hope you get your solids someday big D. biggrin.gif

Boy.....

Seems that opportunities abound in this forum. Then, in the spirit of all this excitement, I go look at the job listings here in the Dallas/Ft Worth Texas area.

Depressing to say the least.

There are some good shops in this area but someone has to die before you can have a chance at the job.

Good luck finding your candidate and consider Texas if you ever want to move. smile.gif

-Chuck

Oh the summers are beautiful here Spaz! wink.gif

In all seriousness... they can be quite miserable. Of course, some are worse than others but I can remember a number of 100+º days with ~60% humidity over just the past few years. Just got my fingers crossed that this one won't be a "bad" summer.

Take care,

Chuck