Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC shuts down when using rastor to vector

Mike Annetts

Mike, we were running into memory issues doing bmp imports with MC Art. No real messages, the program would just kick out of the Art c-hook and go back to mill but it was pretty much toast at that point anyway and we'd have to resart cam.

We're running Dell workstations, the one's that had trouble are p2.4 with 1 gig of ram, when we bumped to the better stations with 2 gig of ram we could bring things in at the fine settings no problems.

Not sure if this is your culprit but sounds kinda similar.

HTH

Brad

I've seen problems like this one a lot with art. There are a few bugs I've been logging:

If you are bringing in a BMP, if the file is too large or if you set the resolution too high it will kick you out. Art is a massive memory hog. I especially have problems with toolpaths.

Some things you might try:

re-size the image using a photo editor and then bring it back into paint and convert to BMP.

You can then create your canvas any size you want, but the problem will be gone. My theory is that the problem occurs in reading the bitmap when it's too large.

I've had the same problem in Rast2Vec when using the Background BMP when that file is too large.

Are you running MR0105?

Awesome!

I spent eight weeks in selangor last year, at Shah Alam. I was doing some work at UniSel (University of Selangor). So nice to meet a fellow from thereabout.

I was a field tech for a company that sells educational training equipment for industrial trainees, my duties included going to malaysia for their installs. I spent some time in petaling as well, working at the malaysian institute of aviation technology (MIAT). Maybe you've heard of these? offtopic.gif

I'm sorry I'm off topic but I'm excited to meet you, sir.