Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Polyline to arcs or splines

Leandro

eric most of the time i am cutting letters for a sign and to save material i nest all chains really close together to save material. the way i do it has become so easy. i have my back plot set to save on layer 250 and all i have to do is hit the button to save geometry and back plot and then erase original, nest new geometry, and the make new tool path that does not cross over already cut parts. just in case one of them decided to flip up and snap my nozzle. large signs take 15-20 mins and they are ready to cut. since i started running these water jets have learned so many short cuts that are great but that i would never have learned running a mill or lathe

we dont just post the filtered tool path because must of the times when i get polylines and splines there are overlapping entities and broken chains that can't be fixed until after i have saved the filter tool path cut on center. then it is much easier to trim lines and arcs together. also my controls don't like polylines in the tool path. don't know why but they don't work. in mc9 all looks good but when i post it not good. so i just learned to chain on center and filter. and all works very well