Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cimco to Mits FX20 wire

savagkd

savagkid,

settings from our fx10 (would think they would work)

Item contents setting

device fixed name rs2

port no. port 2 2

trn.speed 2400 3

stop bit 2 3

parity on no parity 0

even parity odd parity 0

chr length 8 3

term type eor 3

term code 1 hex 0

term code 2 hex 0

rewind code hex 0

handshake dc code system 3

dc parity with dc code even 1

dc2/dc4 out w/out dc2 w/o dc4 0

cr out invalid 0

eia out iso out 0

at computer;

ascii com1 baud rate 2400 parity even data bits 7 stop bits 2 handshaking software EOL delay 0.0

communication Cable

25 pin 9 pin

jumper4,5 jumper1,4,6

jumper6,8,20 jumper7,8

2--------------------------2

3--------------------------3

7--------------------------5

These are the settings that worked for us and I would like to thank Dustin Greeves for supplying us them from this forum. So if you wanted to start the counter webby on how this site has helped put a click in for me!

hope these work for you also!

cheers.gif

KANNON123

I gave your settings a try, now Iget an overrun error. We're getting closer. Yesterday I got no indication at all.

It works using Mastercam's communications. The only change to your settings is term type eor is at 1.

Any other ideas?

Thanx

Keith

Update: I had to drop the baud to 300. takes way too long. Think I'll just stick with MC comms at 2400 baud.

Unless someone can think of a way to get Cimco's baud up....

Thank you all for your help! cheers.gif

Keith

Keith,

In CIMCO Edit go to the DNC Setup on the "Transmit" tab at the bottom right you have a "Delay before each line (ms)" setting. Set it to maybe 5 to begin with and adjust from there. If MC's COM works so should the CIMCO headscratch.gif . I have found on drip feeds a delay is required almost. I have never had any of my customers have to drip feed a wire program before. You must have some monster files.

Good Luck,

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Make sure your FIFO is disabled on your local comm port you are using. This is required. Also, a typical line delay is recommended for 10ms.

Depending on your cable quality and length, 4800 baud is standard. Anything less is probably your cable or distance issue. You could connect the machine directly to the network with a 1 port serial to ethernet device. Less then $200 buck and then you have a reliable CAT5 cable at the machine, with TCP/IP and 5 ft RS232 cable to allow you to scream the data in.