Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

c-hook for engraving # in sequence?

HEAVY METAL

I've done it the easy way by making programs for "001", "002","003". Naming them O8001, O8002, etc. Then using a macro variable in the machine. Set it to "1" or whatever # you want to start with manually.

In your main part program have

M98 P[8000+ #100]

#100 = #100 + 1 (increment for next call)

Not bad if you don't have too many parts to do (our numbers start over each week so we only use about 40 or so)

Of course I have a seperate workoffset that I use for the numbering so I can use it on different parts and place it where it needs to be.

I'm working on one now that will be cool if I ever have a chance to finish it. It will use 6 macro variables for the counting logic. That's the tricky part. The key here is to understand how addition works. The "carry values" are important. If the ones column is 9 + 1 you need to add a "1" to the tens column.

Will use 10 basic programs that are called as subs (0-9).

basically

#101 = 0

#102 = 0

#103 = 1

Will engrave "001"

The other three variables will be "carry digits" that are computed values and need no user input.

Basic logic is this:

increment #103 in the macro each time. When #103 is > 9 set a carry digit (#104 or whatever) to "1" and #103 back to "0". Other wise just increment #103 and set #104 = 0 (carry not needed)

So #102 always = #102 + #104 (ones carry digit either a 1 or 0). When #102 > 9, set it back to 0. Set #106=1 (tens carry digit).

#101 = #101 + #106 (tens carry digit), etc.

Sorry about the flow of thought writing here.

I really like rekd's idea. Like he said maybe additional work to set it up, but in the long run looks like the best. But I have a couple of questions regarding this method. First, is the G47 the option engrave in MC? and if he's using custom drill cycles, is he picking point GEO or lines with points.